We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, marketing and leadership teams. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Responsibilities for Data Scientist –
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Qualifications for Data Scientist –
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
We’re looking for someone with 4-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a bachelor’s or Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Preferred Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Preferred – Experience in Neo4j graph database and Kafka.